Hypnosis for Emotional/Behavioural Issues
Hypnotherapy is a powerful tool to resolve emotional issues from the past, and to bring in new and empowering perspectives to help you manage your present and future with resilience.
The use of hypnosis has been endorsed by some of the largest Psychological and Psychiatric Associations:
- 1958 – The Canadian Psychological Association endorses hypnosis.
- 1960 – The American Psychological Association endorses hypnosis.
- 1961 – American Psychiatric Association endorses hypnosis as a therapeutic procedure.
With hypnotherapy, you can often achieve your emotional goals within a single session.
Don’t like psychopharmaceuticals? Hypnotherapy is a highly-effective drug-free approach to resolving the psycho-emotional issues being marketed to by the pharmaceutical industry, such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia — and with no side effects!
Hypnotherapy allows you to access the deeper wisdom of your subconscious mind and to resolve emotional issues at their core. Through time travel in the mind into your past and reframing “negative” events into neutral or positive learning experiences, relief can be quickly brought to a lifetime of suffering.
Hypnotherapy harnesses the mind-body connection.
The use of hypnosis has been endorsed by some of the largest major Medical Associations:
- 1955 – The British Medical Association endorses the medical use of hypnosis.
- 1958 – The American Medical Association approves hypnosis as a therapeutic procedure. (Rescinded)
- 1958 – The Canadian Medical Association endorses hypnosis.
Since 1995, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has recommended hypnotherapy as a treatment for anxiety, headaches, chronic pain, irritable bowel syndrome, smoking cessation, and hot flashes in breast cancer survivors.
New branches of science such as psychoneuroimmunology and psychoneuroendocrinology are unravelling the mysteries of the mind-body connection. In the meantime, hypnotherapists are out in the world using well-established techniques to direct the body’s resources for healing.
Hypnosis has been proven to be effective with a wide variety of medical conditions, thanks to research by well-respected medical institutions.
Click on individual medical conditions below to see what research has been done. (New research is always coming out, so this list and the abstracts in the sub-pages are not complete.)
In the above pages, you will find abstracts from the following English-language medical journals, all of which have reported positive research results on the medical uses of hypnosis:
- American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis
- American Journal of Gastroenterology
- American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care
- American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine
- Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback
- Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Australian Endodonic Journal
- BMC Pediatrics
- Brain Research Bulletin
- British Medical Journal
- Digestive Diseases and Sciences
- European Journal of Cancer Care
- European Journal of Pain
- Health Psychology
- Integrative Cancer Therapies
- International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis
- International Journal of Colorectal Disease
- Journal of Abnormal Psychology
- Journal of Adolescent Health Care
- Journal of Advanced Nursing
- Journal of Asthma
- Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology
- Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics
- Journal of Experimental and Integrated Medicine
- Journal of Human Stress
- Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Medicine
- Journal of Psychosomatic Research
- Journal of Supportive and Community Oncology
- Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Journal of the South Carolina Medical Association
- Medical Journal of Australia
- Nursing Clinics of North America
- Nursing Standard
- Orthopedic Journal of Nursing
- Psychiatric Medicine
- Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology
- Seminars in Gastrointestinal Disease
- Southern Medical Journal
- Special Care in Dentistry
- The Clinical Journal of Pain
- Women’s Health Issues
Feel free to contact me with further questions about hypnosis for a specific medical condition.
Hypnosis for Personal Growth
Hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis can open a whole new world of self-mastery and personal power. Learn how to manage your thoughts and to choose your emotional responses to life’s challenges.
Welcome to Montreal Hypnotherapy!
Andrew Gentile is a Certified Hypnotherapist and Certified Medical Hypnotherapist providing emotional, medical, and personal growth hypnosis to clients in Montreal and beyond by phone, Skype, or Google Hangouts. Andrew is currently located in Toronto.
This website is intended to be educational and informative, both for those in the Montreal area seeking hypnosis, self-hypnosis training, or hypnotherapy and for anyone interested in the topic of hypnosis and its therapeutic applications through hypnotherapy.
Medical journal abstracts providing the scientific evidence for the use of hypnosis for various conditions are available on the tabs to the left, and below this box you can find a few free hypnosis audio downloads that Andrew has produced for you.